- Download & Install all requirements listed above.
- [OPTIONAL] If you want to try the DeepSpeech experimental feature, download the pre-trained AI models at the Mozilla DeepSpeech GitHub.You will need to extract the “deepspeech-0.6.1-models.tar.gz” file into a folder, and copy the files “trie”, “output_graph.tflite”, “output_graph.pbmm”, “output_graph.pb” and “lm.binary” into the BeeChat.jar. To do that, just open the BeeChat.jar with any file archiver that supports .jar files and drag the files into the .jar. That’s it! your BeeChat can now run DeepSpeech.
- [OPTIONAL] If you are using BeeChat through a Virtual Machine, you will have to make the following command on the terminal:
sudo ln -s /dev/ttyS2 /dev/ttyUSB0
- Open the terminal in the folder where the BeeChat.jar is located and type in:
java -jar BeeChat.jar
- That’s it! You should now follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are getting errors please post a new topic on the forum.
These instructions show you how to install a lightweight and intuitive
Linux OS so that you can use the device from within your Windows
- Download & install the Oracle VirtualBox software: VirtualBox 6.1.4
- Download the Drivers for your Windows Computer to detect your
BeeChat Device. You can download the drivers here: Download FTDI VCP Drivers
- Download Lubuntu or any lightweight Debian-based distro.
- Around 15 GB of free space (NOTE: the virtual machine may take up a lot less
space, and it does not use up the space immediately upon creation).
- Set up the Virtual Machine. To do so, open the newly installed VirtualBox
software, click on the “New” button. Now follow the steps. Be sure to give it
around 15 GB of storage for proper functioning. If this is hard for you, click on
the “Guided Mode” option instead of the Expert Mode, meant for easy setup.
- Once you have created the Virtual Machine, open up that machine’s Settings
and navigate to Storage > Controller:IDE > Add optical drive. Now navigate to
your downloaded Linux setup file. (it should be in .iso file format).
- Next, go to the Serial Port section in that Virtual Machine’s Settings.
Check Enable Serial Port. It should look similar to the picture below:
- Now you are ready to:
- Start your Virtual Machine.
- Install your Linux OS.
- Download & Run the BeeChat software with the Linux
instructions on the top of this page.