Suggestions

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    3iWEvuKEag
    Keymaster

The main topic relating to the improvement of the BeeChat Network.

#553 Reply
    Robert

There are two uses of BeeChat I have been pondering. Please tell me if my ideas are based on wrong assumptions, or if this work has been done elsewhere by some other means. I will split the two ideas here so that it is easier to differentiate between them.

–“Command prompt”-style internet browsing
    This concept would work like this: User A sends user B a text message over BeeChat. User B has his BeeChat module connected to a machine that is running a program and monitoring the incoming text, looking for keywords. Example functionality: User A sends the message “show options”. User B script scans the text, and his Java program returns the text associated with “show options”. In this case, lets say its recipes. User A is sent a text list of different types of recipes (breakfast, lunch, dessert). By simply sending a corresponding number (1 for breakfast, etc), another list will be sent. With this functionality, some simple websites that contain information can be implemented into this program, and allow BeeChat to serve a database of information. The commands used to access such databases would need to become ubiquitous, so that users around the world can program the information they offer with some degree of universality.

–“True internet” browsing
    Thinking of the previous idea brought me to this one. Say, there are places in Africa where radio antennas reach, but it is not possible to implement internet infrastructure. Could a custom program be written, so that a person who only has access to radio uses the BeeChat module, and writes a text message. That message is passed along by relays until it reaches a “true internet provider”. This machine would take the BeeChat text request, say, “google speed of sound”. This machine, which has access to “true internet”, automatically handles the request, converts the result back into radio waves with BeeChat, and the result is sent to the user in the area where only radio waves reach. Of course, this functionality would be limited at first, as only pre-approved simple actions would be limited. This functionality would help both people in poor areas by giving them some form of internet access, as well as people living “off-grid” who want some internet functionality, but don’t want the internet infrastructure near their home.

What do you guys think about these ideas?

#663 Reply
    Gandalf

Here’s a dataset obtained from captured Zigbee packages:

https://crawdad.org/cmu/zigbee-smarthome/20200526/

#711 Reply
    Robert

Hi Gandalf,
    BeeChat uses OpenSSL encryption, and as of a few weeks ago, digimesh for its mesh networking. Are you posting this data because it could be a vulnerability for BeeChat?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Suggestions
Your information: