Java exception when starting up

BeeChat Network Forums BeeChat Network Discussion Java exception when starting up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MrWeedster

Hi.

When starting beechat following the instructions, i get the following java exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: begin 0, end 2, length 0
            at java.base/java.lang.String.checkBoundsBeginEnd(String.java:3319)
            at java.base/java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1874)
            at com.digi.wck.beechat.MainApp.main(MainApp.java:219)

I have all the prerequisites installed in the right versions, but it keeps throwing this error.
    What i’m doing wrong?

#535 Reply
    MrWeedster

Update: This seems to affect the 64Bit installation of Linux. With an 32Bit installation the startup works.
    When generating the keys, i get an exception regarding missing rxtxSerial.so.
    So i had to install librxtx-java and now it works

#537 Reply
    3iWEvuKEag
    Keymaster

Hi, I am using a 64 Bit installation and it works for me. Does it work with your 64 bit system after installing librxtx-java?

#543 Reply
    MrWeedster

Hi.
    After installing rxtx i get the same error. I tried on OpenSUSE LEAP 15.1 and Centos 7.7.1908

#547 Reply
    3iWEvuKEag
    Keymaster

BeeChat works with Debian-based systems for now. That’s what I coded it in at least. Any particular reason for using those OSs for BeeChat?

#552 Reply
    MrWeedster

Well i have existing linux machines utilizing these OS’es. I setup 2 Mint VMs and can use beechat in there as far as startup goes

#556 Reply
    3iWEvuKEag
    Keymaster

Great to hear. In case you run into any more trouble please let me know and we’ll try to figure it out together. I hope you can get it fully running!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Java exception when starting up
Your information: